Stewarding Our Resources to Further God's Kingdom
We have the privilege of partnering with God's work in the world by using our gifts and resources through the local church, the bridge.
How can I give?
the bridge offers several convenient and secure methods of giving whether it’s for your one-time gift, or regular tithing.
During any of our weekend services, use an offering envelope from the chair pockets in the auditorium, place your cash or cheque inside, and put it in the offering plate as it passes. Be sure to include your full name and mailing address on the envelope, so that a tax receipt can be mailed to you. You may visit our Info Centre to request your own box of date-stamped offering envelopes with a personalized giving number.
Online giving allows you to give a one-time donation or set recurring tithing using your Interac, Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal account. This option helps you control when and how you give, even when you’re not able to be at one of our weekend services. We have appointed CanadaHelps, a trusted and secure not-for-profit organization, to process online gifts on our behalf.
Click on the "Donate Now" button to access online giving and you will be re-directed to the CanadaHelps.org website.
Note: CanadaHelps deducts a 3.9% processing fee from each donation, which is comparable to fees which would be payable by the bridge to set up similar services for processing online donations. All donations processed through CanadaHelps will receive a tax receipt directly from CanadaHelps, not the bridge.
Where do my donations go?
- Church Ministries & Operations (General Fund): These donations support the day-to-day operations, and all ministry activities at the bridge.
- onMission Fund: This fund supports our local and global partners. At the bridge we believe that our resources should follow our relationships. These relationships are cultivated primarily through our Lifegroups. Supporting missional activity beyond the four walls of the bridge relies on people willing to give above and beyond the Church Ministries & Operations Fund. Click here for more info about onMission giving.
- Building Expansion Finishes (Building Fund): Funds donated here will be used to furnish our recent building expansion with equipment, furnishings, and fixtures.
Will I receive statements of my contributions?
Yes. You will receive an interim statement in September for all donations for which you provided your full name and mailing address. Annual donations of $20.00 or more are eligible for a tax receipt. Tax receipts are then mailed in late January for the prior calendar year. Tax receipts will reflect donations received and/or post marked during the period January 1 – December 31.
- Any donations made to the bridge through the CanadaHelps.org website, will be issued a tax receipt directly from CanadaHelps. Donations made directly to the bridge will be issued a tax receipt from the bridge. These cannot be combined into one tax receipt.
How does the bridge uphold financial accountability?
We want to avoid any criticism of the way we administer this liberal gift. For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of man.
2 Corinthians 8:20-21 (NIV)
the bridge is committed to honouring God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of the bridge remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
- An annual audit is performed by an independent certified public accounting firm.
- Our recent annual report, which includes the most recent audited financial statements, is available here.
Can I make non-cash contributions?
Yes. Many people find creative ways to make contributions to the ministries at the bridge through non-cash gifts. Here are a few options to consider:
- Stocks and Mutual Funds: You will receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of your securities at the time of donation. The Canada Revenue Agency offers tax incentives for donations of capital property to charitable organizations.
- Gift-in-Kind: Donations of material goods may be accepted by the bridge and eligible for a gift-in-kind tax receipt.
Can I receive a refund for a donation?
No. The Canada Revenue Agency does not allow for refunding of donations as they are defined as a free will gift. Donations made towards a designated project will be used where needed most at the discretion of the bridge Board should the project be completed or unable to be completed.