MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Are you interested in serving at the bridge? If so, we are excited to have you as part of our team! Most of what we do as a church is because of our dedicated team of volunteers. Our belief is that as people choose to serve, whether in our church, in our local community, or around the world, the impact of that service will change lives—for those serving, for the people they serve, and even for those who see them giving their time to help someone else.
It takes all of us together to make the bridge function — from children to youth to adults – from people to property. Are you willing to help? The opportunities are as diverse as the people who attend.
Serving Snapshot is an online orientation experience where you will get the opportunity to learn about serving at the bridge.
Click the button below to be taken to the enrollment page for the Serving Snapshot course.
Click on an area you are interested in to see what types of volunteer roles are available.
The Care Ministry at the bridge exists to care for those in need, times of crisis, pain and transition. If you’re interested in serving in our Care Ministry, here are some ways in which you can serve:
What’s your story?
Is there a life experience you’ve been through that you’d like to see God use to help someone else? We can help you identify some potential volunteer opportunities within the Care Network, including Seasonal Groups. Please indicate below and our Care Ministry Pastor will be in contact with you as quickly as possible.
Areas of personal experience:
- divorce or separation
- addiction (i.e. substance, pornography)
- financial challenges (i.e. unemployment, bankruptcy, foreclosure)
- marriage difficulties (i.e. infidelity, infertility, blended family)
- depression, anxiety, anger
- grief (i.e. loss of a spouse, child, parent, sibling)
- spiritual struggles
Jesus loves kids…so WE love kids! KIDZONE is children’s ministry at the bridge. We exist to help a child develop that spiritual foundation, that awareness of God, that connection with Him at the earliest stage of their life. Is there anything more exciting?
KIDZONE environments are divided by age: 0–23 months; 2–3 years; 4–5 years; grades 1–3; grades 4–5.
Large Group Leaders
- oversee an age-group environment
- provide an engaging and interactive experience for kids using curriculum provided
- roles include teacher and story-teller
Small Group Leaders
- work closely with the large group leaders
- connect relationally with kids; encourage discussion and activities that help kids grow spiritually and build friendships
- roles include teaching assistant and L.I.T.s (leaders in training: age 11–17)
Check-In/Check-Out Team Members
- provide a warm welcome to kids and their families as they check kids in and out
- ensure a secure environment
- provide information to parents
- provide a loving, safe environment for infants, so that parents can enjoy the service
- Assist behind the scenes in the areas of administration, organization, decorating, etc.
We would love to talk with you about joining our team! If you are interested and would like more information about volunteering in KIDZONE, please click the appropriate sign up button below.
The Communication team at the bridge desires to communicate God’s love through various expressions of the church’s ministries. Communicating within the church and to our community is accomplished intentionally with the purpose of informing, engaging and encouraging people.
- edit weekly sermon slides and e-newsletter, along with other published content
- create graphic design content for communication pieces
- edit captured photos for website, social media and/or publications
- assist with basic website maintenance
- capture video footage at services or special events
- edit video footage or create motion graphic videos to be used for creating promo material, celebration videos, etc.
- assist with posting content or managing new ideas for our social media strategy
Host Ministries plays a central part in our weekend services. These teams have the unique privilege of creating a positive guest experience for everyone who arrives on our campus. We interact with the guests in our atrium, auditorium, and Hub Café. We want everyone that walks through the doors to know that they are welcome, loved and accepted. These teams serve on a 3–4 week rotation during weekend services.
- greet and welcome each guest
- create a warm environment
- distribute information and service elements
- usher guests to their seats
Hub Café Hosts
- serve food and beverages
Connections Team Hosts — Online and In-Person
- welcome and connect new guests who visit each Sunday
- help people get connected beyond Sunday gatherings
- answer questions about what is happening at the bridge
- to moderate and facilitate the online chat during our Sunday service
- help guests and visitors feel welcome from the moment they enter the parking lot
- ensure people are directed to overflow parking when necessary
- managing the flow of traffic by ushering cars into spaces in a safe and feasible manner when necessary
- protecting the safety of our pedestrians by ensuring correct flow of pedestrians, and cars
At the bridge, we don’t have classes or programs—we have groups! This is how people grow best, and how a big church feels like a community.
LifeGroup Leaders are identified and developed from within each LifeGroup, but there are other ways to serve in this ministry.
- open their home for their group to meet
- create a warm, inviting atmosphere
- please note: this should be a pet-free and smoke-free home
- prepare food for monthly leadership training
Event Set-Up Team Member (2x per year)
Event Hospitality Team Member (2x per year)
The OnMission team exists to love our neighbours authentically, serve our community, and change the world.
SHARE Food Drive Team Lead
- lead a team of volunteers to plan and execute the church-wide food drive in June of each year
SHARE Food Drive Team Member
- assist with our annual food drive including receiving, sorting and packing donations; delivery to food bank (April to June)
Community Engagement Coordinator
- assist in leading our OnMission local projects by organizing the administrative details for each project
- continue to build and maintain relationships with those who are community partners of the bridge
- If you are passionate about mission and love to connect and build relationships this is a great role for you! Experience in building community partnerships would be a great asset.
General OnMission Opportunities
The Operations Team serves as faithful stewards of the bridge’s resources. If you enjoy working behind the scenes and want to serve in the areas of Facilities, Administration, IT or Events, we’d love to partner with you!
- provide administrative support for the church office and/or church ministries
- reception duties, data entry, and other administrative projects (e.g. mailings, maintain office supplies, etc.)
- administrative experience and abilities, as well as good computer skills preferred
- opportunities not requiring experience or technical skills also available
Events Set-Up/Tear-Down Team
- provide a welcoming environment by setting up and tearing down spaces for church and ministry events, classes, weddings, funerals, etc.
- no experience required; training will be provided
- please note: this is a physically active role that requires the ability to lift/move tables and chairs
Grounds Maintenance Team:
- weeding, pruning shrubs / trees and edging walkways
- mowing the lawn
- snow removal and salting of entrances on Sunday services as required
- Event Audio/Visual Support
- Trades: Plumber, Electrician, etc.
- Facilities maintenance (cleaning, repairs, painting, etc.)
- IT Support (Hardware, Software, Database Administrator, Network, etc.)
- Data Analyst
The Worship and Creative Arts ministry at the bridge is all about facilitating beautiful meeting places for people to encounter God through all things production, music and set design.
Worship Team (Vocal and Band)
- use your musical abilities to lead others in worship
- looking for experienced musicians with the ability to sing melody when asked or harmonize and blend with other vocalists
- run and mix music to create a relational experience in worship
- operate our camera switcher and/or our online audio mix for live-broadcast
- coordinate worship lyrics and sermon slides for Sunday services
- design and run lighting elements that enhance the worship experience for Sunday gatherings and other events
- capture life at the bridge on Sunday mornings for use on social, site and print material (does not need to attend Thursday rehearsals)
- lead the Production Team for Sunday gatherings and other events
- serves as the central communication to all production areas
- give cues to the team to progress through each service
Requirements for the above positions are as follows: serving 1–2 times per month, which includes Thursday rehearsals (7:00–9:00pm) and Sunday mornings (8:00am–12:30pm).
Set Design Team (seasonally)
- design and create the sets for weekend services and special events
- looking for individuals with experience in painting, decorating, carpentry, or any other artistic experience
If you haven’t heard: YA NIGHTS is a gathering for young adults to connect together and experience the love of God. We have found young adults to be yearning for relationships, so we desire for them to experience the love of God and experience it in community. If you are looking to connect with young adults, this is the place to be!
- lead a team of volunteers to organize and prepare food for weekly gatherings
- prepare physical space for weekly gatherings
- build a set-up/tear-down team
- cultivate a safe and welcoming group environment
- guide Young Adults to grow in their relationships with Jesus and others
- welcome guests at weekly gatherings
- Worship team
- Social media team
- A/V team
- Tech team
- Hospitality team
Youth Ministries at the bridge is a safe space where students can be themselves while building solid relationships with Christ, mentors, and their peers, so that they can become influencers for Christ.
Here are some areas in which we need volunteers:
- Small Group Leader
- Communications Team
- Activities Planner
- Snack Donations
- Welcome Team
- Audio & Visual Lead/Team
- Photography and Videography
Jr.High meets on Friday nights from 7:00–9:00pm.
Sr.High meets on Friday nights from 8:00–10:00pm.